Community Mental Health Centers
SERVICE AREA: Barrington, Bristol, East Providence and Warren
East Bay Center- Adams Farley Bldg
610 Wampanoag Trail East Providence, RI 02915-2205
East Bay Center
2 Old County Rd Barrington, RI 02806
Emergency Line 24/7: 401-246-0700
SERVICE AREA: Block Island, Central Falls, Charlestown, Cranston, Exeter, Foster/Glocester, Hopkinton, Johnston, Narragansett, No. and So. Kingstown, No. Providence, Pawtucket, Richmond, Scituate, Smithfield and Westerly
Gateway Healthcare Inc.- Administration Office
249 Roosevelt Ave. Suite 205
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Gateway Healthcare Inc.- Pawtucket
103 Bacon St. - (Intake Center)
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Gateway Healthcare Inc. - Johnston
1443 Hartford Ave. Johnston, RI 02919
- Gateway Healthcare Inc.- South Shore Center
4705 A Post Rd. Charlestown, RI 02813
- Gateway Emergency Lines - 24/7:
- Pawtucket Emergency Line: 401-723-1915
- Johnston Emergency Line: 401-553-1031
- Charlestown Emergency Line: 401-364-7705
SERVICE AREA: Coventry, East and West Greenwich, Warwick and West Warwick
Thrive Behavioral Health (formerly The Kent Center)
2756 Post Rd. Warwick, RI 02886
Emergency Line 24/7: 401-738-4300
SERVICE AREA: Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth and Tiverton
Newport County Community Mental Health Center
127 Johnnycake Hill Rd.
Middletown, RI 02842
Emergency Line 24/7: 401-846-1213
SERVICE AREA: Burrillville, Cumberland, Lincoln, No. Smithfield and Woonsocket
Community Care Alliance
55 John Cummings Way
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Emergency Line 24/7: 401-235-7120
SERVICE AREA: Providence
The Providence Center (Administration)
10 Orms Street
Providence, RI 02904
- Providence Center Adult Outpatient Services
530 North Main St.
Providence, RI 02904
Fellowship Health Resources
35 Sockanosset Cross Road, Suite 6
Cranston, RI 02920
Riverwood Mental Health Services
PO Box 226 (25 Railroad Ave.) Warren, RI 02885
Emergency Lines 24/7: 401-274-7111 and 800-456-0300
Centers of Excellence for Opioid Use DisordersCODAC - Phone (401) 461-5056 (Phone line open 24/7)
- CODAC Cranston– 1052 Park Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910 : M/F 5:30AM—5:00PM, Tu/Wed/Th 5:30AM—8:00PM
- CODAC at Eleanor Slater Hospital– 3 Regan Court, Cranston, RI 02920 : Mon — Fri 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- CODAC Providence– 349 Huntington Avenue, Providence, RI 02909: Mon-Fri 5:30AM—2:00PM
- CODAC North Main– 528 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904: Mon—Fri 5:30AM—2:00PM
- CODAC South County– 350 Columbia Street, Wakefield, RI 02879: Mon—Fri 5:30AM—2:00PM
- CODAC Newport– 93 Thames Street, Newport, RI 02840: M/F 5:30AM—5:00PM, Tu/Wed/Th 5:30AM—8:00PM
- CODAC East Bay– 850 Waterman Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914: Mon-Wed 5:30AM—8:00PM, Th 5:30AM—7:00PM, Fri 5:30AM—5:00PM
- Main Address: 800 Clinton St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
- Walk-in Assessment: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Inductions: Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Serenity Center: Th/Fri 4:00 PM -8:00 PM and Sat/Sun 12:00 PM -5:00PM
Main Address: 345 Blackstone Blvd, Providence, RI (Butler Campus): Open 24/7
580 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852 (North Kingstown Out-Patient Center): Open 24/7
- 985 Plainfield Street, Johnston, RI: Mon— Fri: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 86 Beach Street, Westerly, RI: Mon— Fri: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 160 Narragansett Ave, Prov, RI: Mon— Fri: 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- 26 Valley Road, Middletown, RI: Mon— Fri: 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Talk and Text Lines
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
(800) 273-TALK or (800) SUICIDE
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
NAMI Information Line
(800) 950-NAMI (6264)
The Information HelpLine is an information and referral service which can be reached by calling 1-(800) 950-NAMI (6264), Monday through Friday, 10 am.- 6 p.m., EST. Business callers, including those seeking particular NAMI staff members, should call 1 (703)524-7600.
Crisis Text Line: 741741
If you need help, text NAMI to 741741. The Crisis Text Line will respond 24/7/365. They will help you get through a difficult time. The Crisis Text Line is completely free.
Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
Free, confidential support for Veterans in crisis and their families and friends.
Girls & Boys Town National Hotline
The Girls & Boys Town National Hotline is a free hotline available to kids, teens and young adults at any time.
National Hopeline Network
If you (or someone you know) are depressed and thinking about suicide, please call to talk to a caring crisis hotline volunteer.
National Youth Crisis Hotline
(800) 442-HOPE (4673)
Crisis Hotline Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis.
Rhode Island Mental Health Advocate
Megan Clingham, Rhode Island State Mental Health Advocate
The Office of the Mental Health Advocate is an independent state agency staffed by attorneys who provide an array of free legal, investigative, and advocacy services.
Zencare is a referral service that can help you find a therapist in the Rhode Island or Boston area.
Interfaith Counseling Center
Dedicated to the concept of mental health counseling that is accessible to all and sensitive to the spiritual, faith, and meaning questions. Not subscribed to any one faith or background, maintaining a mission of accessible, affordable, and sensitive counseling care. Click here to visit their website.
United Way 2-1-1
United Way 2-1-1 offers free, confidential help with housing, food, childcare and many other needs. Specialists are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here are some ways to get help: Dial 211 on your phone. Text your zip code to 898211. Search for information on the RI Resource Directory on the 211 site in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Chat with someone on The Point Gambling Helpline.
The Rhode Island Community Food Bank includes a network of member agencies that provide food through food pantries and meal sites. Click here for a statewide listing of local agencies that provide food to those in need or call 401-942-6325.
The Rhode Island Coalition on Homelessness provides information regarding housing options and advocates for affordable and permanent housing options at the state and local level. Click here for more information on housing.
Rhode Island Parent Information Network
Assists individuals, parents, families, and children to achieve their goals for health, education, and socio-economic well-being by providing information, training, education, support and advocacy for person/family centered care and system change.
Parent Support Network of Rhode Island
"A growing group of family members, youth, and adults who are working together to promote awareness for the safety, health, well-being, and recovery of individuals of all ages who are risk or who have behavioral health challenges."
401-467-6855 OR toll free (800) 483-8844